Leasing of retail space from the university in order to deliver coffee shop and/or a stationery/book
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FROM INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFYING SERVICE PROVIDERS FOR LEASING OF RETAIL SPACE FROM THE UNIVERSITY IN ORDER TO DELIVER COFFEE SHOP AND/OR A STATIONERY/BOOK SHOP BID REF: UFH-SCM12/2018
Background: The university of Fort Hare together with UNISA and WSU have recently built a shared library in East London campus. One of the floors in this newly built library has spaces in which the Universities would like to utilise as a third stream income by leasing them to any suitably qualified service provider to provider the above services or any other services that might be deemed suitable by the University.
Objective of the RFP:
The main objective of this RFP is to find the most financial viable and environment suitable business proposal from which to choose and enter into a lease agreement with the university. The RFP also seeks to attract a pool of eligible service providers within the industry from which to shortlist resulting to the appointment of a successful services provider.
The lease agreement shall be between the University of Fort Hare and the successful service providers and will be for a period of three years’ renewable annually.
Validity of Offers: The RFP requires basic service provider information and proposal to assess whether the entity is eligible to apply. Such information shall be evaluated based on the following:
• Submission of a comprehensive company profile
• A relevant industry experience (All previous projects of similar magnitude and nature should be submitted as well as reachable references)
• The type of service to be rendered, with details about variety of products such as hot and cold beverages, including pre-prepared food items to be served. Hours of operations must be specified.
Proposed menu and pricing must be listed
• A proposed rental fee, BBBEE certificate, Valid Tax Clearance certificate, and completion of returnable bid documents (available on www.ufh.ac.za/procurement)
• Failure to meet any of the above criteria will automatically disqualify your proposal for further participation in the formal bid process.