Dr Nozuko Zukiswa Gxekwa
Dr Nozuko Zukiswa Gxekwa is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Fort Hare in South Africa. She lectures both Linguistics and Literature.
Sociolinguistics, Linguistics, Translation, Terminology development & Oral literature, Level 1- Phonetics & Phonology, Syntax, Poetry, Novels
1. Article accepted- Title: “The Role of Culture in the Experiences of Pre-service Teachers in Using IsiXhosa to Teach Science Subjects in Grade 4-9” in the International Journal of Education, Culture and Society on the 30th October 2017.
2. Article accepted- Title: The use of isiXhosa children’s poetry as a tool to integrate literacy, mathematics and life skills in Foundation phase: Grade R-3 in Journal South African Journal of Childhood Education on the 7th of October 2017.
3. Contributed a chapter in a book on the 9th of September 2017 and it was accepted on the 15th of August 2018. The book was launched in September 2018 during the 2nd UWC Annual Conference on Early Literacy Development. The book is titled WORDS TO IDEAS: THE ROLE OF LITERACY IN ENHANCING YOUNG CHILDREN’S DEVELOPMMENT”. FIRST EDITION 2018. The tittle of the chapter is “Ukukhuthazwa kokufundiswa kwemibongo yabantwana kwiLitherasi njengesixhobo sokuthungelanisa iziBalo neZakhono zoBomi kumabanga: R-3”. Co-author: Dr N.Z.Gxekwa
4. Co-author for Sithanda isiXhosa. This book is for isiXhosa 3rd language for lower grades. It was published in 2010.
5. Title: Significance of context specific language teaching in contexts persistent of cultural constraints. Journal: International Journal of Scientific Research and Innovative Technology. ACCEPTED AND PUBLISHED, ISSN: 2313-3759 Vol.3 No.11; November 2016