Local Government Short Courses
Municipal Financial Management comprises a range of short courses and a certificate programme.As part of the University of Fort Hare’s strategic response to the needs of local government sphere that is currently underserved by the higher education sector. The Provincial Treasury together with FHS developed and introduced training
- Develop quality programmes to ensure that the local government sector development needs are addressed in a coherent and effective manner.
- Accelerate and improve service delivery to communities and strengthen the sustainability of the municipal finance unit by enhancing the leadership and governance competencies of the unit’s officials.
- MFMA (Municipal Finance Management Act)
- IDP (Integrated Development Plan)
- Project Management
- Asset Management
- Community Participation for Ward Councilors’
To view CREDIT BEARING SHORT COURSES (MFM Unit Standards) NQF LEVEL 5 AND 6 for the Certificate in Municipal Financial Management please refer to page 33 in the Course Brochure below