Masters | Counselling Psychology
MASTER’S DEGREE IN COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY – 2022 INTAKE
(EAST LONDON CAMPUS)
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 30 JULY 2021
There are two application forms that you should complete for admission:
1. The first form: Masters in Counselling Psychology Programme for 2022. This form must be completed and emailed directly to the Department of Psychology.
2. The second form: Application for Admission to the University 2022. This form must be completed and couriered or posted to the Student Administration office for capturing. Once captured on the system you will be issued with a student number. The application fee of R120 should accompany this form. This form must NOT be sent to the Psychology Department.
Once you have completed your application for admission form, please email a copy of the front page to Mrs Koert as confirmation that you have applied for admission.
- Please distribute the referee reports to your three referees, (two referees should be in the field of psychology) with a stamped, addressed envelope and request that they return this form directly to us on or before Friday, 30 July 2021. Your referees are welcome to email their reports to email@example.com.
- Please take note that this is the departmental application form and not the application for admission to the institution, and must be delivered or emailed to Mrs Y Koert.
- Complete the 2nd Application for Admission to UFH form, which you can retrieve from our website or collect a hard copy from the Student Administration office must be courier or hand deliver it to the Student Administration office for capturing. No Application for Admission forms will be accepted by the department. If you send the Application form for Admission to the Psychology Department, your application will be disqualified, as you need a student number from the University as proof that you have applied for admission.
- Should the Application for Admission to UFH not yet be available at the time of submitting your Master’s Application form, please ensure that you complete the application form once it becomes available on our website.
- Please note that this application form, the departmental one, is part of the assessment process. You must therefore answer every question. The selection process will take place in East London in September 2021. This date may change, but you will be notified well in advance. Should there be restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will have the interviews via Microsoft Teams as the alternative. Please ensure that you have Microsoft Teams installed on your devices.
- Attach your Curriculum Vitae outlining educational, employment, community and recreational activities and achievements.
- Attach full certified academic records. If you are currently in your Honours year a letter outlining courses completed as well as marks obtained by the HOD of your psychology department must accompany your application. This letter must also explain the progress of the research component as well. Pleas ensure all your documentation has your full and correct names and surnames and referees to state clearly your names if they are emailing the referee reports. No Late Departmental applications are accepted.
- Ensure that you attach all the documentation required for your application, including your National Senior Certificate and proof of deposits. These must be certified