nGAP LECTURER: REHABILITATIVE SCIENCE
REHABILITATIVE SCIENCE DEPARTMENT - nGAP LECTURER (1 POST)
The nGAP aims to assist with starting transformation and capacity needs at Universities and involves the establishment of permanent academic posts . Successful candidates will participate in a 6 year comprehensive development and induction programme, after which they will continue as a regular members of the academic staff.
To be eligible for selection for an nGAP post applicants must meet the following criteria in addition to meeting the criteria specified by the university:
- show an interest in becoming an academic
- be 40 years or younger
- show evidence of eligibility to undertake postgraduate study at masters or doctoral level
- be willing to commit to placement at the appointing university for the full 6 years of the programme
- must have obtained at least an average of 70% at Masters level (coursework and or dissertation )
- Must be willing to register and complete a PhD within the next three years.
At least 80% of the positions will be allocated to black and or South African citizens
- The minimum preferred is an MA degree in Speech Therapy or related field like Audiology, Communication Pathology, Rehabilitative Sciences, Early Childhood Intervention or Disability Studies.
- Teach various modules in the fields of Speech Therapy
- Research and publish in accredited/referred journals;
- Participate in the community engagement initiatives/programmes of the University;
- Participate in the development of new modules/academic programmes; and,
- Perform any other administrative/academic tasks as may from time to time be assigned by the HOD.
Enquiries contact details: Head of Department: Rehabilitative Sciences: Unati Stemela: email@example.com or 043 704 7622