nGAP LECTURER: LAW
The nGAP aims to assist with starting transformation and capacity needs at Universities and involves the establishment of permanent academic posts . Successful candidates will participate in a 6 year comprehensive development and induction programme, after which they will continue as a regular members of the academic staff.
To be eligible for selection for an nGAP post applicants must meet the following criteria in addition to meeting the criteria specified by the university:
- show an interest in becoming an academic
- be 40 years or younger
- show evidence of eligibility to undertake postgraduate study at masters or doctoral level
- be willing to commit to placement at the appointing university for the full 6 years of the programme
- must have obtained at least an average of 70% at Masters level (coursework and or dissertation )
- Must be willing to register and complete a PhD within the next three years.
At least 80% of the positions will be allocated to black and or South African citizens
NELSON R MANDELA SCHOOL OF LAW - nGAP Lecturer (1 post)
EAST LONDON CAMPUS
Re-advertisement – Those who has applied need not re-apply
This is a developmental post in which the incumbent is expected to complete the Master of Laws degree and also obtain a doctorate in law within the first five years of appointment. If already in possession of a Master of Laws degree the incumbent is expected to register for a doctorate in law forthwith upon assuming the position. The candidate is also expected to undertake and participate in professional development in teaching and learning in the higher education context.
- The minimum preferred is an LLM degree/ willingness to register/evidence of progress towards obtaining the MA.
- Some practical or professional experience may be an advantage for a position relating to procedural law; and,
- Some experience in teaching law (and/or research) in the higher education sector as junior lecturer, graduate tutor/assistant.
- Teach various modules in the fields of Private Law, Public Law, Mercantile Law and/or Adjectival Law;
- Research and publish in accredited/referred journals;
- Participate in the community engagement initiatives/programmes of the School/University;
- Participate in the development of new modules/academic programmes; and,
- Perform any other administrative/academic tasks as may from time to time be assigned by the Dean of Law or his proxy.
For further information pertaining to the academic aspects of the post please contact the HoD, Mr Actor Katurura at email@example.com