Senior Lecturer/Senior Researcher / Lecturer / Researcher
SENIOR LECTURER/ SENIOR RESEARCHER/LECTURER/RESEARCHER: UNESCO ‘OLIVER TAMBO’ HUMAN RIGHTS CENTRE
REF NO. 8026
ALICE CAMPUS ONLY
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- The minimum qualification for the Senior Lecturer/Researcher position is a relevant Doctoral Degree, with academic or professional experience (although consideration will be given to possession of a Master’s degree coupled with evidence of substantial progress towards completion of a doctoral degree).
- The minimum qualification for the Lecturer/ Researcher positions is a relevant Masters in Law/Master of Philosophy in Human Rights degree, coupled with academic or professional experience.
- Ability to teach students from different academic disciplines;
- Possession of professional experience gained from working in a human rights institution or related environment;
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in teaching human rights or undertaking research in related area.
- Successful candidate will be required to teach modules in the Post-Graduate Diploma and Master of Philosophy in Human Rights;
- Research and publish in accredited/refereed journals;
- Undertake research and supervise post-graduate students’ research;
- Participate in community engagement initiatives/programmes of the Centre and School of Law;
To apply for any of the position(s) above, all interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
E-mail application with Motivation Letter Clearly Indicating The Position You Are Applying For, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint