Senior Lecturer / Lecturer: Development Studies
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer: Development Studies: Alice Campus: Ref No. 751
- Possession of Doctoral degree in Development Studies with specialization in demography and environmental studies / International economics / economic history, African political economy, Development Strategies and planning in sub-Saharan Africa for Senior Lecturer level, OR Masters degree for a Lecturer
- 5 Years teaching, with evidence of teaching at undergraduate and post graduate levels as well as research experience for Senior Lecturer and 3 years for Lecturer
- Sound theoretical knowledge of the field.
- Ability or potential to supervise research and develop research capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake administrative responsibilities at departmental or institutional levels.
- Ability and willingness to participate in community engagement projects.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teach, conduct research and supervise postgraduate students’ projects in at least two of the following areas: development studies, demography and environmental Studies / International economics / economic history, African political economy / Development Strategies and planning in sub-Saharan Africa
- Refine the curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Participate in community engagement
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects
- Produce academic publications, especially accredited ones.
Please forward all applications with copies of qualifications. Identity document and three contactable references to Recruit1@ufh.ac.za