Senior Lecturer: Competition Law
NELSON MANDELA SCHOOL OF LAW
Senior Lecturer: Competition Law: East London CAMPUS: REF 1142
SALARY: R 572 536 – R 715 671 (All-inclusive package)
- Relevant Doctoral Degree, with academic or substantial professional experience (although a master’s degree in law coupled with evidence of substantial progress towards completion of a doctoral degree will be considered)
- A substantial practical or professional experience gained from practice as an attorney, advocate, adjudicator or competition law compliance specialist/manager may be ideal
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in teaching law and undertaking research in the higher education sector
- The candidate will be required to teach, assess and develop, various modules in the fields of Competition Law and/ or Mercantile Law
- Research and publish in accredited/refereed journals
- Supervise research work by postgraduate students
- Participate in the community engagement initiatives/programmes of the School/University
- Participate in the development of new modules/academic programmes; and, perform any other administrative/academic tasks assigned by the Dean of Law
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: email@example.com
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus. The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint