Security Operations Manager
SECURITY OPERATIONS MANAGER:
ALICE, BHISHO AND EAST LONDON CAMPUS: REF NO. 697
SALARY: R 575 270 – R 856 069 (All-inclusive package)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in security management or equivalent.
- At least 10 years relevant managerial experience in similar environment
- PSIRA Grade A registered
- First line management skills certificate
- Security Clearance
- Code EC Driver’s license
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- An experienced people manager with high level of leadership skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate staff
- Ability to assess risks and take or recommend appropriate action or mitigation
- A good knowledge of the use of information technology
- Ability to delegate appropriately in order to deliver effective results on the ground, providing high levels of support and guidance but ensuring managers are empowered to manage their areas of responsibility
- Problem solving skills and a high level of client/ visitor care
- Good presentation skills and comfortable to speak in front of large groups of people
- Able to prepare clear and concise reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and at least one other official local language
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Implementation of the University of Fort Hare’s security strategy and development of policies and procedures to support the strategy: Assess security risks and ensure that proportionate measures are in place to protect visitors, staff, buildings, collections, assets and reputation of the university.
- Development, operational delivery and communication of security policy: Ensure that all security staff perform as one team, act in synergy and in the best interests of the university
- Development and implementation of the university’s disaster preparedness strategy, the development of policies and procedures to support the strategy
- Development and maintenance of efficient operational security teams for the university: Ensure that professional security staff are positioned and trained to provide operational excellence
- Establish a centralised system for intelligence and administration
- Manage stakeholder relations with SAPS Station Commanders of Alice, East London and Bhisho
- Lead institutional operations associated with special events in collaboration with specialised VIP protection services of government dignitaries.
How to Apply:
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
1. E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: email@example.com
2. Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
3. No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
4. Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
5. Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus.
The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint