SENIOR LECTURER / LECTURER: COMMUNICATION
SENIOR LECTURER / LECTURER: COMMUNICATION: Alice Campus: Ref No 204
SENIOR LECTURER SALARY: R 575 270 - R 715 670 (All-inclusive package)
LECTURER SALARY: R 465 504 – R 578 463 (All-inclusive package)
- Possession of a Doctoral degree in Communication, Media Studies or Cultural Studies
- Sound theoretical knowledge of the field.
- Ability or potential to supervise research and develop research capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake administrative responsibilities at departmental or institutional levels.
- Ability and willingness to participate in community engagement projects.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- 5 Years teaching, with evidence of teaching at undergraduate and post graduate level as well as research experience for Senior Lecturer and 3 years for Lecturer
- Teaching in the identified area of specialisation;
- Refining curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- Participation in community engagement;
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research projects;
- Conducting research, producing academic publications, especially accredited ones
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
1. E-mail application with MOTIVATIONAL LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POST YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, with a complete CV, certified copy of your Qualification/s, proof of remuneration and three work-related referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
3. No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
4. Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
5. Failure to comply with the above directions may result in your application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus.
*The University reserves the right NOT to make an appointment. University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing, preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile.The University reserves the right NOT to appoint.