Professor / Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer
DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS
PROFESSOR/ ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER
- A relevant PhD/M.Sc in Statistics particularly in Biostatistics or Mathematical Statistics.
- At least ten (10) years teaching experience at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, eight (8) years for Associate Professor, five (5) years for Senior Lecturer and three (3) years for a Lecturer.
- Research experienceand proven record of publication records in journals and peer-reviewed papers.
- Evidence ofproven record of postgraduate supervision.
- Ability to provide strong academic and administrative leadership.
- A demonstrated ability to attract research funding.
- Excellentinterpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to work and serve on advisory committees as a professional academic at provincial and national platforms.
- Affiliation to National Statistical Societies or equivalent.
- An NRF rating will be a strong recommendation.
- Must participate in the strategic, academic and operational running of the Department.
- Coordinate postgraduate programmes.
- Teach modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Supervise postgraduate students’ researchandadvance the Department’s research productivity and publication profile.
- Provide leadership in curriculum design, development and implementation.
- Facilitate community engagement
To apply for any of the position(s) above, all interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
E-mail application with Motivation Letter Clearly Indicating The Position You Are Applying For, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: email@example.com
The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint