Professor / Associate Professor: Psychology
Professor / Associate Professor: Psychology: East London Campus
The Psychology Department strives to develop critical theory, research, professional practices and teaching that ensures that psychology as a discipline and profession responds in relevant ways to the local realities of South Africa, while at the same time engaging in conversation with international theory and practice.
- Possession of a Doctoral degree in Psychology;
- Registration with HPCSA as a Counselling Psychologist
- 7 years teaching and research experience with proven research output and publications track record.
- Advanced theoretical knowledge and insights into the field.
- Appropriate experience in working in an academic environment, supervising undergraduate and postgraduate student research to the level of PhD.
- A substantial number of conference papers, peer-reviewed publications or other acceptable research outputs.
- Ability and willingness to participate in community engagement projects
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Teach at postgraduate and undergraduate level
- Refine the curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Participate in community engagement
- Interface focusing on strategic wellness consultation
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects
- Produce academic publications, especially accredited ones.
- Contribute significantly to the Department’s research profile through individual and team research
Please forward all applications with copies of qualifications. Identity document and three contactable references to: firstname.lastname@example.org