Professor / Associate Profesor: Public Health
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: PUBLIC HEALTH:
EAST LONDON CAMPUS: REF NO 576
PROFESSOR SALARY: R 881 693 - R 1 098 697 (All-inclusive package)
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR SALARY: R 710 934 – R 885 248 (All-inclusive package)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Relevant Doctoral Degree
- Extensive teaching experience (5 – 10 years of experience)
- Proven significant research output
- Recognized academic leadership and evidence of supervision of post graduate students
- Experience in forming partnerships with external stakeholders in Public and Private Health Sector
- Experience in Curriculum Development and Accreditation process
- Experience in raising funds for Research Innovation
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide leadership in Public Health
- The candidate will be required to teach, develop, manage and write study materials for modules for the fields of Public Health
- Manage post graduate level offerings and supervise post graduate matters and doctoral students
- Review curriculum for existing programme
- Research and publish in accredited/referee journals
- Participate in the community engagement initiatives/programmes of the Department and the Faculty Health Science
- Perform any other administrative duties assigned by the Dean of health Sciences
- Liaise with the National and Eastern Cape Department of health in implementation for the Multilateral and Bilateral Agreements
- Establish International Partnerships in the field of Public Health
- Raise funds for the Division
- Provide leadership in Research Projects
- Translating research into national and Provincial Policy
How to Apply:
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
1. E-mail application with MOTIVATIONAL LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV with three work-related referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: email@example.com.
2. Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
3. No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
4. Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
5. Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus.
*The University reserves the right NOT to make an appointment University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint