PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / SNR LECTURER :TAXATION
PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / SNR LECTURER FOR TAXATION: ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT: East London Campus: Ref No: 5026
PROFESSOR SALARY: R 881 693 - R 1 098 697 (All-inclusive package)
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR SALARY: R 710 934 – R 885 248 (All-inclusive package)
SENIOR LECTURER SALARY: R 575 270 - R 715 670 (All-inclusive package)
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- CA (SA) plus Masters in Accounting or related subject
- A recognized teaching qualification or willingness to work towards achieving it would be an added advantage
- 5 years teaching experience for professor / associate professor and 3 years for senior lecturer
- A proven research record supported by publications in internationally accredited journals
- A strong postgraduate supervision record
- Provide academic leadership in research, curriculum design, development and implementation
- Teaching, Learning and assessment of taxation and research methodology at postgraduate level
- Assist curriculum design and implementation of newly accredited programmes.
- Participate in collaborative research projects locally and internationally
- Supervise under and postgraduate students research projects
- Participate in academic administrative functions for the smooth running of the department
- Participate in community initiatives embarked on by the University
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
1. E-mail application with MOTIVATIONAL LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POST YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, with a complete CV, certified copy of your Qualification/s, proof of remuneration and three work-related referees to: email@example.com
2. Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
3. No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
4. Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
5. Failure to comply with the above directions may result in your application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus.
*The University reserves the right NOT to make an appointment. University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing, preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile.The University reserves the right NOT to appoint.