OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR: GOVERNANCE AND LEGAL SERVICES
MANAGER: COMMITTEES: ALICE CAMPUS: REF NO. 1440
SALARY: R 465 504 – R 578 463 (All-inclusive package)
Applications are invited from qualified and experienced candidates for the above-mentioned permanent position in the Deputy Registrar's Office (Governance and Legal Services):
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Provide day to day leadership, management, supervision and co-ordination of the work of the Committee Section, ensuring adherence to and advice on the, policies, practices and relevant legislation
- Maintain the Motion and Minute Books in accordance with appropriate legislation.
- Supervise the maintenance of records (including Acts, Statutory Instruments, Circulars etc.) and the preparation of reports to Committees or to Council and administration.
- Supervise the preparation and publication of the annual calendar of meetings of the Governing structures and their sub-committees
- Review the Committee Minutes Status Report and submit weekly to the Committee Minutes Coordinator.
- Prepare performance evaluations on Committee staff.
- Keep under review the working practices and systems operated within the Section, having regard to the impact of legislation and new technology.
- Oversee the system of Members’ Allowances ensuring payments are properly made and supervise other administrative services to Members.
- Responsibility for budgetary control of the committee services
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- M+4 in administration
- Supervisory skills to manage staff and workflow, monitor performance and resolve staff issues.
- Follow instructions from his/her supervisor
- 3 years of relevant management or supervisory experience;
- 5 years of experience in servicing governing bodies and subcommittees thereof;
- Maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Possess strong writing, and communication skills.
- Analyze and comprehend complex documents and demonstrate a mastery of the English language including grammar, punctuation, syntax, etc.
- Clearly communicate information in spoken English, listen well and ask relevant questions.
- Acquire and develop a basic understanding of the legislative process and procedures.
- Be attentive and detail-oriented.
- Prioritize multiple tasks, work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines, and handle stressful situations.
- Work effectively as a team member to contribute to the efficient functioning of the Committee Section
How to Apply:
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
1. E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
3. No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
4. Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
5. Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus.
The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint