Lecturer: SOCIOLOGY: East London Campus: Ref No. 882
SALARY: R 465 504 – R 578 463 (All-inclusive package)
- A relevant MPhil / M.A / Master of Social Science with specialisation in Sociology
- 3 years teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Proven ability to teach and supervise postgraduate students successfully and develop research capacity.
- A publications record.
- Sound theoretical knowledge of the field.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake administrative responsibilities at departmental or institutional levels.
- Ability and willingness to participate in community engagement projects.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Teaching in the identified area of specialisation;
- Refining curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- Participation in community engagement;
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research projects;
- Conducting research, producing academic publications, especially accredited ones
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
1. E-mail application with MOTIVATIONAL LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POST YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, with a complete CV, certified copy of your Qualification/s, proof of remuneration and three work-related referees to: email@example.com
2. Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
3. No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
4. Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
5. Failure to comply with the above directions may result in your application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus.
*The University reserves the right NOT to make an appointment. University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing, preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile.The University reserves the right NOT to appoint.