PROPERTIES AND SERVICES DIVISION
FLEET MANAGER: ALICE, BHISHO AND EAST LONDON CAMPUS: REF NO. 241
SALARY: R 575 270 – R 856 069 (All-inclusive package)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Minimum of five years in transportation industry or relevant experience
- Code EC Driver’s license
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and at least one other official local language
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Planning, monitoring, coordinating and controlling the University’s Fleet management Services function
- Development of key Fleet Needs Analysis
- Control procurement and maintenance of the university fleet and ensure that the Fleet department performs effectively and efficiently
- Streamline, monitor and control the fuel purchase system and ensure financial transactions accuracy
- Plan and prepare annual budgets, expenditures and analyze all financial objectives
- Supervise, control and direct the work attendance, conduct and performance of staff, address workplace conflicts/ unsatisfactory attendance or performance
- Administrative, reporting and record keeping functions
How to Apply:
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
1. E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: email@example.com
2. Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
3. No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
4. Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
5. Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus.
The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint