Director: Properties & Services
OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT
Director (Properties & Services)-ALICE (5-YEAR PERFORMANCE BASED CONTRACT)
Reporting directly to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Institutional Support, the Director Properties & Services contributes to organizational effectiveness and efficiency through managing planning, development and maintenance of University facilities.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Procurement and contract management
• Building and grounds maintenance
• Fleet and staff housing management
•Health and safety
• Utilities and space management.
• Provide quality support systems and services to the University through overall management, control and administration of the facilities
• Oversee facilities planning and maintenance
• Plan institutional development in line with strategic business objectives
• Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
• Supervise and coordinate staff activities in various Units within Proper ties and Services
• Work collaboratively with departments to ensure integrated service provision
• Ensure compliance with legislation especially health and safety requirements
• Ensure provision of high-quality service and advice that is pro-active and solution focused and responsive to customer needs.
• A relevant postgraduate qualification or postgraduate degree appropriate in a property/built environment (Civil, Electrical, Architecture, Building, engineering, or quantity surveying)
• A recognized Project Management qualification would be an advantage
• A minimum of 7 years' appropriate experience in a built environment profession with a minimum of 5 years at a senior management level
• Knowledge of facilities management and building industry such as engineering, architecture, surveying, etc.
• A proven track record of managing a complex property portfolio, staff and budgets
• Proven ability to communicate on a strategic level
• Knowledge of relevant national and local legislation pertaining to properties
• Ability to investigate and prepare for negotiations between various par ties and relevant stakeholders
• The compilation and management of project and operational budgets.
Please forward all applications, with copies of qualifications, identity document and three contactable references to recruitDirProp@ufh.ac.za. For more information on this opportunity please contact Ms Rachel Rakate on 043 704 7228
Appointments will be made in accordance with the University's Employment Equity Plan. The University of Fort Hare reserves the right not to appoint.