DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR: INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT
PERIOD: 5 YEARS FIXED TERM
The University of Fort Hare is a vibrant, equitable and sustainable African university, committed to teaching and research excellence at the service of its students, scholars and the wider community.
The University of Fort Hare seeks to appoint a Deputy Vice-Chancellor: Institutional Support reporting directly to the Vice Chancellor. Central to the success of this executive post will be the ability to provide institutional leadership in creating a dynamic, efficient and well-functioning institutional support function enabling teaching and research excellence which are UFH’s core mandate.
As part of the Management Executive Committee (MEC), The DVC -IS, plays a pivotal role in driving and streamlining effective and efficient business processes; operating and maintaining the university facilities in an optimal state, ensuring the functionality, comfort, safety, and efficiency of the built environment. Effective performance entails a seasoned executive who is adept at integrating people, place, process, technology and the infrastructure in supporting the institution.
In addition, the position contributes to and provides strategic direction, synergy and unity to the wider operations of the University as well as to its core focus on Information Communications and Technology Services, Human Resource Management as well as Properties and Services (including Security/Protection Services.
Excellent communication with the ability to manage complex processes as well as key stakeholders would be a distinct advantage as well as experience in policy formulation and systems development. The successful candidate should have demonstrated a track record managing a complex portfolio, or running a unit of reasonable size as well as an understanding of developments in the higher education arena both nationally and internationally.
Knowledge of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) regulations and other relevant regulations applicable to higher education institutions, are critical for the successful candidate.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Candidates should demonstrate knowledge and skills in strategic- and transformational leadership, communication skills (written and oral), networking, business analysis and budgeting, flexibility/adaptability and their understanding of organisations, project management, resilience, results orientation, technical expertise, teamwork and conflict management in their applications.
- A relevant Master’s degree, and a PhD would be an added advantage
- Demonstrable minimum of 10 years of senior leadership experience, of which at least 5 years were at an executive management level.
- Proven 10 years’ experience in leading a wide range of core services including Properties and Services, ICT and HR is essential.
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, with a complete resume, certified copies of the identity document, qualifications and three work-related referees to:firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries please must be addressed to: Ms Elizabeth Murimwa on email@example.com
- Applications must clearly indicate THE NAME of the post applied for on the SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.