PERIOD: 5 YEARS FIXED TERM
The University of Fort Hare is a vibrant, equitable and sustainable African university, committed to teaching and research excellence at the service of its students, scholars and the wider community.
As a focus area, student management and development are a key pillar of the University of Fort Hare hence the University seeks to appoint a Dean: Student Affairs reporting directly to the Vice Chancellor to promote global excellence and stature of this Unit. The key purpose of this role is to provide strategic and operational leadership and management of Student Affairs, advising and driving the implementation of policy and strategy that will enhance the quality of student experience and wellbeing at the University of Fort Hare. Critical for the successful performance of the role is a sound knowledge of student matters, and the enabling role that the office of student affairs plays in contributing to student academic throughput and success, particularly within a constantly transforming, challenging and dynamic environment.
An extensive knowledge and understanding of the operations and functions of a University as well as knowledge of Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) regulations and other relevant regulations applicable to higher education institutions are significant defining competences.
- Masters qualification.
- 7 years relevant experience in tertiary education sector of which at least 5 years must have been at a senior and strategic leadership position in the higher education environment.
- Demonstrable competence in providing strategic and operational leadership for any of three of the following Departments in the Division of Student Affairs,
- Student Development
- Residence management,
- Student counselling,
- Student wellness,
- Student Health
- Disability Management,
- Student Governance
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, with a complete resume, certified copies of the identity document, qualifications and three work-related referees to:firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries please must be addressed to: Ms Elizabeth Murimwa on email@example.com
- Applications must clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only