Go the library’s webpage
Point your browser at the OPAC or Search the Library Catalogue
- Select the menu option: Renew your books or View your Patron Record (red)
- Enter your surname (red)
- Enter your student number (UFH200712345) (yellow)
NB!!! For students ONLY - Please insert UFH / ufh in front of your Student No. – For Library purposes only.
- Academic staff (Alice, Bhisho) should enter the barcode on the back of their staff cards. (2800123456) (yellow)
- Academic staff (East London) should enter their Employee number.
- Leave the PIN field blank
- Click on the SUBMIT button (blue)
- You will be asked: “Please enter your PIN”.
6. Select a PIN number and enter it (red)
7. Enter the same number again (yellow).
8. Click on the SUBMIT button.
9. Your PIN number has been created. You may now use the OPAC under
your own personal login.
- Please select a PIN that you will be able to remember. ONLY YOU know the PIN. The PIN is stored on the Library computer in an encrypted format, i.e. it is stored in an unbreakable computer code.
- It you forget you PIN you must ask a Library staff member to delete if from the Library computer. Then you will need to re-create your PIN following the procedure outlined above.
If you need more assistance please contact the following people
L Reid e—mail email@example.com Phone:- 27-40-602-2275
S Oosthuizen e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Phone:- 27-40-602-2542
Z Maya e-mail email@example.com Phone:- 27-43-704-7129