The Online Library Catalogue (OPAC) may be accessed from the link contained in the heading above, or you may type, or copy and paste the following URL to your browser: http://opac.seals.ac.za/search~S9. The OPAC provides you with a number of advanced search options, as well as additional functionality, such as:
- On-line renewal of your Library books (provided you don't have any overdue items).
- The ability to request new Library books.
- A suggestions form where you can comment on the Library services.
- A book suggestions form where you can recommend books for purchase by the library.
To use these functions you are required to enter your Surname, Barcode and a PIN number. This confirms your status as a registered Library user.
- Your barcode is the 10 digit number stuck on the back of your staff or student identity card.
- You are required to create your own PIN for security reasons.
- Click here for help on creating a PIN number on the OPAC.