The Faculty consists of four departments, namely, Public Law, Private Law, Mercantile Law, and Adjectival Law. Accordingly, the management team of the Faculty consists of the following: Dean;Deputy Dean;Directors of Centres & HoDs
|Dr Nombulelo Lubisi||Dean of Law|
|Professor Patrick Osode||Professor & Head of Department|
|Mr Nasholan Chetty||Acting Director - Legal Clinic|
|Professor Nasila S Rembe||Director - OR Tambo Centre for Human Rights|
|Mr Manfred G. Chinamasa||Lecturer & Head of Department|
|Mr Actor Katurura||Lecturer & Head of Department|
The day-to-day administration of the Faculty and its departments is undertaken by the Dean; the Deputy Dean supported by a Faculty Manager and dedicated secretarial staff.
LAW FACULTY ORIENTATION INFORMATION
The Faculty of Law holds a two-day orientation programme for new students at the commencement of a new academic year. The Programme is coordinated by the Dean and includes a series of presentations to the students on:
• The general and faculty rules and regulations applicable to law students;
• The various branches/subject areas of law and the LLB curriculum;
• The various vocational/career opportunities available to law graduates;
• The available teaching and learning resources/ opportunities;
• The legal professions and their requirements /expectations of law graduates; and
• The responsibilities of law students.
The programme also includes a guided tour of the university library with a focus on the Law Section. Participation in the orientation programme is compulsory for all new undergraduate students.