Professor Ntombozuko Stunky Duku
Position: Head of School , SGCE
Phone number: 043 704 7222
Teaching areas of specialisation: Research Methodology; Teacher Development
Research Interests: Leadership, Management and policy; ECD, Teacher development and training; Student access and success; Identities in education
Publications (last five years):
• Okeke,CIO, Adu, E; Drake, M & Duku,N; (2014) Correlating Demographic Variables with Occupational Stress and Coping Strategies of Pre-School Educators: A Literature Review, J Psychology, 5(2), 143-154.
• N. Sotuku & N. Duku (Book Chapter Accepted March 2014) Indigenous African theories in multicultural education
• N. Sotuku& Duku, N (Book Chapter Accepted March 2014) The concept of ethics in research
• Mavuso, M.P. and Duku, N. (2014). African parents as partners in school governance in South Africa? Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences.
• Muzenda, V. & Duku, N. (2014). Examining the relationship between the Clothing and Textiles curriculum and the World of work in Zimbabwe. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences Vol. 5 No. 11.
• Muzenda, V. & Duku, N. (2014). Skills lecturers possess for quality delivery of the Clothing and Textiles curriculum in Zimbabwean Universities. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences Vol.5 No. 11.
• Sotuku, N & Duku, N. Linking youth development, community development and social change: experiences from a rural Eastern Cape village, African Educational Review, Special Issue (paper submitted for peer review).
• Duku, N. & Sotuku, N. Rural based African women’s discourses on Participation in the SGB.( Paper submitted for peer review)
• “Is my research ethical? Negotiating research ethical procedures in the real social world” (Paper submitted for peer review)
• (Mis) conceptions of African Culture and the authority of men in school governance participation ( Paper submitted for peer review)