Prof SW Rembe
Professor Symphorosa Rembe
Qualifications: BA, MA (University of Dar-Es-Salaam), PGDE, MSC (Education Leadership and Management) (University of Surrey) PhD (Rhodes University)
Position: Full Professor
Phone number: 040 6022509
Teaching areas of specialisation: Education Leadership and Management; Education Policy; Sociology of Education.
Research Interests: Education Leadership and Management; Public Policy; gender issues; teaching and learning issues in higher education and children’s rights and issues.
Publications (last five years):
- Shumba, J., Rembe S. & Thomas, C. (2015). South African ECD policy review: A concept paper. (Accepted for Publication by Journal of Social Sciences).
- Shumba, J., Moyo, G. & Rembe, S. (2015) Bereavement Counselling: A Dilemma for School Counsellors? (Accepted for publication by International Journal of Educational Sciences)
- Okeke C. I. O., Shumba, J., Rembe, S. & Sotuku, N. (2015) Demographic Variables, Work Stimulated Stressors and Coping Strategies of Pre-School Educators: A Concept Paper. (Accepted for publication by Journal of Psychology).
- Tangwe, M. N. & Rembe, S. (2015); Monitoring and evaluation of peer academic support programmes in South African Higher Education Institutions: A case of one University in the Eastern Cape Province International Journal of Educational Sciences 8(2): 249-260).
- Tangwe, M. N. & Rembe, S. (2014); The challenges of implementing peer academic support programmes at a university in the Eastern Cape Province, South Africa (International Journal of Educational Sciences 7(2):299 - 308).
- Muzenda, D. & Rembe S. (2014). Examining resources used by implementers of the HIV and Aids Prevention programmes in Universities in Zimbabwe. (Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences November 2014).
- Rembe, S., Shumba, J. & Bilatyi N. (2014). Strategies to ensure the effective implementation of Learner Discipline Policies in South African Secondary Schools. (Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences September 2014).
- Muhuro, P. Kangethe, S. M. & Rembe, S. (2014) Reviewing the Pitfalls Associated with Centralised Tracking of Students’ Learning Progress in Large Institutions of Higher Learning. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences Vol. 5. No. 11.
- Rembe, S., Shumba J. & Goje P. (2014) Parental Perceptions on ECD Provisioning in Mdantsane District, Eastern Cape. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences Vol 5, No 9.
- Tangwe, M. N. & Rembe, S. (2014); The perceptions of students on the implementation of peer academic support programmes at one university in South Africa Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 4 - March 2014.
- Meke, E. S. & Rembe, S. (2013) An analysis of teacher preferences on implementation of Continuing Professional Development programmes: Views of Primary School teachers in Zomba Rural Education District in Malawi and other eclectic data sources. Journal of Social Sciences.
- Meke, E. S. & Rembe, S. (2013). An exploration of the effect of teacher attributes on effective implementation of Continuing Professional Development programmes: Evidence from teachers in Zomba Rural Education District in Malawi and other eclectic data sources. Anthropologist 15(1):89-96
- Meke, E. S. & Rembe, S. (2012) Perceived challenges faced by teachers in implementing Continuing Professional Development programmes in Zomba Rural Education District in Malawi. Fort Hare Papers 19 (1): 5-29.
- Rembe, S. Chabaya, O. & Wadesango, N. (2011). An Assessment of the Implementation of Gender Equity Policies in Schools in South Africa South Africa. The Anthropologist 13(4):249-255
- Rembe, S. Chabaya, O. Wadesango, N. (2011) Child and forced marriages as violation of girls’ right to education: Responses by states in the Eastern and Southern African region. Agenda 87/25.1 201,
- Chabaya C., Rembe S., Wadesango, N. and Muhuro P. (2011) Poverty as a source of behavioural problems that affect the realization of the right to basic education among children: A case study of three schools in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. Journal of Social Science 27(3):149-156
- Rembe, S. Chabaya, O. Wadesango, N. (2011) Violation of Women’s Rights by Harmful Traditional Practices and Responses by Member States in Southern African Development Community (SADC). The Anthropologist 13(2):121-129
- Rembe, S. Chabaya, O. Wadesango, N. and Muhuro, P. (2011). Assessment of first year female students’ experiences in historically male-dominated subjects in relation to retention and persistence in Higher education from a cultural capital perspective; Journal of Social Sciences, 27(1): 7-14
- Wadesango, N., Rembe, S., and Chabaya, O. (2010). An Analysis of the type of Teachers that Participate in decision making in Schools: A Case Study of Gweru District Secondary Schools in Zimbabwe. Published in International Studies in Educational Administration 38 (2): 5-20.