Municipal Financial Management comprises a range of short courses and a certificate programme.As part of the University of Fort Hare’s strategic response to the needs of local government sphere that is currently underserved by the higher education sector. The Provincial Treasury together with FHS developed and introduced training
programmes for municipal finance unit officials within the Eastern Cape Provincial Treasury and the local municipalities.
The Purpose was to:
- Develop quality programmes to ensure that the local government sector development needs are addressed in a coherent and effective manner.
- Accelerate and improve service delivery to communities and strengthen the sustainability of the municipal finance unit by enhancing the leadership and governance competencies of the unit’s officials.
SHORT COURSES IN MUNICIPAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT & OTHER LOCAL GOVERNMENT COURSES
A customised workplace-based solution that builds the skills and competence of the learner to improve their day-to-day operational efficiency within their directorates at the Municipalities
OUTCOMES BASED SHORT COURSES NQF LEVEL 5
- MFMA (Municipal Finance Management Act)
- IDP (Integrated Development Plan)
- Project Management
- Asset Management
- Community Participation for Ward Councilors’
To view CREDIT BEARING SHORT COURSES (MFM Unit Standards) NQF LEVEL 5 AND 6 for the Certificate in Municipal Financial Management please refer to page 33 in the Course Brochure below