Senior Researcher: Leadership Ethics
CENTRE FOR LEADERSHIP ETHICS IN AFRICA (CLEA) (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
Senior Researcher: Leadership Ethics: ALICE : REF NO 282
SALARY: R 572 536 – R 715 671 (All-inclusive package)
CLEA conducts inter-disciplinary research and teaching in leadership, governance and rights,
focused on African interests, thinkers and norms.
The incumbent is expected to play a leading role in the Centre, to conduct research and to assist
with teaching in politics and ethics. This is a senior post for those who have established an
accredited research record and show potential to proceed to professorial levels.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of the Centre, Dr Christopher
• A Doctorate in a relevant discipline (Politics, Philosophy, History, Sociology, Economics, Law)
• A significant, proven research record (accredited publications) in a relevant discipline (3+ years)
• Demonstrable achievement in teaching and curriculum design (3+ years)
• Well-developed organizational and administrative skills
• Strong communication, facilitation and inter-personal skills
• Primary: Conduct accredited research
• Secondary: teaching/graduate supervision
• Facilitate workshops, seminars, symposia on relevant scholarship
• Initiation and development of course material
• Involvement in community engagement projects
• Administrative functions, planning, meetings, etc.
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: email@example.com
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus. The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint